Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hot Yoga

One thing I missed in Korea was yoga classes. There are a few there, but it's not too popular yet, and it was quite expensive, and not in my neighborhood. I love working out at the gym and go almost daily, but on a lazy Saturday like today I felt like something a bit different. I decided to try the hot yoga classes down the street, also called Moksha Yoga. It's bascially yoga, but done in a heated room to detoxify the body. Regualr yoga is already pretty difficult, and hot yoga is the same, but quite.... hot.

I'm always a bit shy to try new things on my own, but I grabbed my pink Lululemon mat, strutted down St-Laurent and registered for a week trial at the studios. I proudly unrolled my mat at a prime spot, right in front of the fan. Ha ha. Little did I know that the instructor turns off the fan and turns up the heat as the class starts, so my trick did not work.

I worked so hard, and sweated so much I was completely soaked. And, for an hour and a half. Phew. It was a great feeling, and I definitely felt detoxified. I also definitely sweated out the calories of the cheap Pabst beer and Schwartz's smoked meat sandwich from the night before.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

oh sounds interesting! i'll have to check it out. i love the feeling that you get after working out! it's what keeps me coming back :)

Nicole Marie said...

you are awesome! i can't even do regular yoga!!

Melvin said...

Nice to see this post...
thanks for sharing....


___________________
Melvin
Call Today for NEXT DAY Instellation to watch your Favorite Channels on HD reciever.